Monday, November 10, 2008

Silver Dollar City....


Before Matt and I got married, I started taking my nieces and nephews out on "Birthday Dates". Well, because Matt is a wonderful man, he has kept up this tradition with me.

On Friday, we took Gracie and Randall to Silver Dollar City (a local theme park in Branson...think Disneyland hillbilly style...) We took just the two of them, and it was a bunch of fun. It was a perfect day as far as no crowds.

We let them ride the rides however many times they wanted...there was no having to rush because another sibling wanted to do something else, or crying because they didn't get to do what they wanted.

Swirling on the tea cups...(Only went once and boy was Aunt Jeanne thankful for that!!!)



They rode the swings a total of 3 times. Matt and I got off of them after the second round. You wouldn't think that just a swing ride would be a bit freaky and make you sick...but they are and they did!!!



They had fun playing in the stocks outside the "Lost Mine" ride. Maybe we need to get a real set of these for when we babysit...they are getting a bit old for time-outs...

The lines for rides were almost non-existent, but it was colder than a well-digger's backside that day! I was so glad that Amy had loaned us some SDC mugs that allowed us to get drinks cheaper...I had lots o' hot chocolate and cider!

I think that Matt and I were more tired than the kids by the time we left! But it was totally worth it when we were watching the parade and Randall looked up at Matt and told him that it "was the best day EVER!!"

We're just sad that not all of our nieces and nephews live close so we can spoil them all in the same way!

10 comments:

Rachel Berry said...

Well you 2 win the best aunt and uncle award! Glad you got out of town and had a GREAT day! Looks like everyone had alot of fun!!

Heather said...

Oh you are an awesome aunt! You need to move closer to me so we can go out on our birthdays! LOL

Jess said...

Awww...you just made me homesick:( Especially the part about drinking a lot of hot chocolate and cider at SDC. It's a little warm out here in Florida for that but when I go home for Christmas I will definitely make up for lost time. So glad you had a fun day out! I'm sure you guys are the favorite aunt and uncle in your family.

Are You Serious! said...

♥ So fun!!! You guys are awesome! :)

Jennifer said...

That sounds like a great time. Are you sure it was as cold as you said? I don't think anything could compete with our trip last December. :)

Hope to see you soon!
Jennifer

Jennifer said...

That sounds like a great time. Are you sure it was as cold as you said? I don't think anything could compete with our trip last December. :)

Hope to see you soon!
Jennifer

Jennifer said...

I don't know how I got on twice. Sorry.

The Randall Family said...

You are such a great Aunt and Matt is an awesome husband. It sounds like you guys had a blast. : )

Cindi said...

You must be cool if you were able to provide "the best day EVER"!! That's quite a feat. I hope you don't mind me blog stalking. :D (Remember me? Marc's sister... the one with the crazy, busy twin boys.)

Marla said...

You are the best aunt ever!!