September 11th...
I can't think of September 11th without thinking about the great MBM. I was serving with Sister Zellers at the time.
We woke up to a call from one of our investigators calling to tell us that we needed to turn on the TV. I reminded Sarah we didn't have a TV. We did have a radio and turned that on.
We listened with shock and disbelief.
Sister Zellers and I headed up to the college to see the news. I remember feeling shock and disbelief. I wanted to call my dad, to see what his advice would be. Sister Zellers was from Pennsylvania and had permission to email her family, and I kind of borrowed that permission for me too. :) We went over to Brad and Ramona George's house and used their computer. Brother George then gave me (and I think Sister Zellers) a blessing. I can't tell you what was said, but I know I received comfort.
Zone meetings were cancelled that month. But President Hoglund sent around a letter reminding us to work hard and share our message.
When I think of 9/11, I think of being a missionary. I think of spreading the good news of the gospel of Jesus Christ. I think of the blessings and promises that I have received. I think of doing better and being better. It's a time of reflection, but it's also a time of commitment for me. A commitment of being spiritually prepared. For "...if ye are prepared, ye need not fear." (Docterine & Covenants38:30)
2 comments:
Weird it's been so long ago. Everyone says they remember exactly where they were/what they were doing. I kind of do. It all seems like a blur to me. It was chaos...even here in Springfield. Everyone's experience that day was different, but I'm glad we can all remember and share our memories with those around us. Thank you!
I just got all teary!!! I remember that!!!! Yes, Brad gave you both blessings of comfort and being able to focus on the work that Heavenly Father had for you. I remember just holding Steffy and praying for all those that lost their lives.
Post a Comment