With Naomi, everything is someone's. Daddy's Office. Mommy's Kitchen. Daddy's Car. Mommy's Truck. The concept of sharing ownership is still foreign to her.
This morning, about 3, she climbed up into bed with us. It is a normal occurrence, one I kind of wish I could break her of, but it's not something I'm willing to give up yet. Having a sweet little baby snuggled up to you while they sleep is still a sweet treat for this momma.
At about 3:50, she rolls over to me and tells me, "Daddy needs to go sleep on the couch." I promptly (and sternly) replied, "This is your Daddy's bed. If you want someone to leave, you can go get in your OWN bed. Yes Ma'am?"
Showing some remorse she said, "Yes Ma'am."
Then, in a quiet little voice I hear, "It's Mommy's bed."
She rolled over and went back to sleep, happy that Mom and Dad were both there. I snickered to myself, and we snuggled until morning time.
I sure love my sassy little girl!
(An old picture, but one of my favorites.)
No comments:
Post a Comment