Thursday, July 31, 2008

Great dinner

On Saturday Matt and I were out at the farm and I made some dinner for us and Mom and Dad. I stole a super easy recipe from Rachel.

It's called Easy Chicken Salsa Bake. You take chicken breasts (or tenders) cover them with salsa, and brown sugar. I put some cheese on the top of mine and it was SO good!

I served this with rice, and a fresh tomato & cucumber salad. It impressed even my dad.

Rachel suggests shredding the chicken and serving it on a bun (minus the melted cheese.)

Easy Chicken Salsa Bake

Chicken breasts or tenders
1 bottle of salsa
1 c. brown sugar (if you are worried about the sugar content, you can cut it to 3/4 of a cup)

Lay chicken in pan (you can coat with pam or olive oil)
Pour the bottle of salsa over the chicken, and top with brown sugar. Bake for 75 minutes. If you aren't going to shred the chicken, after the 75 min, pull out and top with cheese and put back in the oven until the cheese is melted. If you want to shred it, shred and put back in the oven for about 10 minutes
.

Thanks for the recipe Rachel!!! It's delish!

2 comments:

Rachel Berry said...

That's so funny this is what I am cooking RIGHT NOW for dinner tonight. It's smells super yummy..

:)Rachel

Bethany said...

Sounds delicious! I will have to try it!