I was reading another blog tonight when I found this quote from Elder Richard G. Scott. It seemed to fit what happened with our Ande so well, and how Matt and I feel about the situation...we were a part of something to accomplish the Lord's purposes.
"It is so hard when sincere prayer about something we desire very much is not answered the way we want. It is especially difficult when the Lord answers no to that which is worthy and would give us great joy and happiness. Whether it be overcoming illness or loneliness, recovery of a wayward child, coping with a handicap, or seeking continuing life for a dear one who is slipping away, it seems so reasonable and so consistent with our happiness to have a favorable answer. It is hard to understand why our exercise of deep and sincere faith from an obedient life does not bring the desired result.
"No one wants adversity. Trials, disappointments, sadness, and heartache come to us from two basically different sources. Those who transgress the laws of God will always have those challenges. The other reason for adversity is to accomplish the Lord's own purposes in our life that we may receive the refinement that comes from testing. It is vitally important for each of us to identify from which of these two sources come our trials and challenges, for the corrective action is very different."
Richard G. Scott, "Trust in the Lord," Ensign, Nov. 1995
We hope this may be able to help someone else who may be having a hard time.
"It is so hard when sincere prayer about something we desire very much is not answered the way we want. It is especially difficult when the Lord answers no to that which is worthy and would give us great joy and happiness. Whether it be overcoming illness or loneliness, recovery of a wayward child, coping with a handicap, or seeking continuing life for a dear one who is slipping away, it seems so reasonable and so consistent with our happiness to have a favorable answer. It is hard to understand why our exercise of deep and sincere faith from an obedient life does not bring the desired result.
"No one wants adversity. Trials, disappointments, sadness, and heartache come to us from two basically different sources. Those who transgress the laws of God will always have those challenges. The other reason for adversity is to accomplish the Lord's own purposes in our life that we may receive the refinement that comes from testing. It is vitally important for each of us to identify from which of these two sources come our trials and challenges, for the corrective action is very different."
Richard G. Scott, "Trust in the Lord," Ensign, Nov. 1995
We hope this may be able to help someone else who may be having a hard time.
3 comments:
Jeanne...I love you!
♥ I love the Apostles! TOFW is coming here May 1st and 2nd... I can't wait to go... I'm feeling the need! No Michael McLean this time though it's Hilary Weeks which should be awesome! Have a great week! :)
How are you doing Lady? I love this post and I adore this quote. Thank you. : ) I hope that all is going well for you guys. Have you and Matt really been married for a year already? Man, time flies!
Post a Comment