Sunday, May 3, 2009

PHEW...

We are about 97% moved in...thanks mostly to Matt. He spent a big part of yesterday putting away stuff from boxes. Now I need to organize "my" room, and get the books put away...as well as a few other things.

Last week we were busy moving and I also babysat for my brother and his wife. Their kids are great kids, and the youngest is 4, so it doesn't take much. I will say that I am thankful that kids love Mac-n-Cheese...they got it for dinner on Tuesday and lunch on Wednesday...and were excited for it both times.

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the extra space we have. Our bedroom is SO much bigger, which means there is room to walk around the bed! (As well as room other areas too...) The kitchen is HUGE and I am excited to get cooking some extra yummy meals in there. Some day soon I'm going to start making bread. I have an easy-peasy recipe, it's so much better for you, and less expensive to do it myself. Besides, there is just something extra delicious about a piece of homemade bread and butter, still warm from the oven.

We're getting settled in our new ward. I already have a calling! I'm the chorister for Relief Society. I can't sing the best, but I do know how to lead music, so there we go. The bishop promised Matt a calling soon.

Matt and I have agreed, it sure is nice to live in a place where you can hear the crickets and frogs at night as you go to bed...We're really starting to like it here.

9 comments:

Rachel Berry said...

I'm so glad your getting all settled in! I told Lloyd when we move (if) that we are just going to have an Estate Sale and start over in our new place with all new stuff. After almost 15 yrs of marriage we have a lot of "stuff"... :)

Post pics of your new country living soon!

Are You Serious! said...

♥ Yay you're almost done!!! I hate the packing/unpacking stuff.... so not fun! that's great that you have so much more room! I'm with rachel you should post some visual aids! :)

Jennifer said...

Hi. We are so happy that you all are happy with your new situation!! Take care.

Jennifer said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lacey said...

Woohoo!!! That's gotta feel good.

Lisa M said...

So exciting. Can't wait to see pictures.

Jess said...

That's awesome! Congrats on a new and spacious home. Must be a great feeling.

Marla said...

Pictures of the new place please!!

Noma said...

Matt and Jeanne, I LOVE reading your Blog, Jeanne...you are really great at posting!! Wish I could get the hang of it...maybe some day!!?? I am so glad that you two and Marc and Leilani and children are happier with your new places...but...I agree, the moving part is the worst! And we all accumulate so much, it stinks!! Hope you are getting settled in!! I love following your blog...Love ya both, Noma Johnson