Saturday, August 8, 2009

Ten Months...

Grief is a funny thing...it hits at very odd times...Last night, as I was winding up my day, it hit me.

In five days it will be 10 months since Ande was born.

Ten months.

I thought of all of the milestones that she would have reached, had she been able to stay. And to be a bit honest, I shed a few tears.

Even though I have peace about her not being here, the grief is still raw and hurts.

But because of the Atonement of our Savior, the sting is gone. I know that we'll have our little girl again. I know that her spirit is eternal.

When I talked to my grandma Edna for the last time before she passed away, I asked her if she would take care of our little Ande for me until we could be with her again. My grandma couldn't talk very much at that point, but she did indicate that she would take care of Ande for us. It makes me feel a bit better to know my wonderful Grandma is there with our little girl.

I am so thankful for eternity~it stinks to have to wait for it though!

5 comments:

Jess said...

You are so loved.

Heather said...

You are so strong Jeanne - you amaze me.

Blueyedmle said...

I love hearing from you because you help me keep proper perspective. Sometimes so much of life is overwhelming, Im glad to have friends that find joy and strength in the hard things. I need that reminder often.

Jennifer said...

I admire your faith. You are a wonderful example. Love and prayers to you and Matt.

The Randall Family said...

You are such a strong person. You are a great example. Hang in there. Having the knowledge of the gospel is an amazing and powerful thing. But, you already know that. : )