Thursday, November 12, 2009

Breakfast....

What is it about a hotel breakfast buffet that makes some people lose their sense of propriety?

This morning I had oatmeal...fairly simple. The hotel had walnuts, raisins and sugar for toppings. I opted for the nuts, brown sugar and a pat of butter.

A woman approximately 63 years old hung over my shoulder and admired my oatmeal...rather loudly. It's OATMEAL.

Please let me eat my breakfast...

When I told her where SHE could get some, I then heard all about how she was too full from dinner last night to eat. (I then noted that she got a yogurt, hard boiled egg, coffee, and a bagel....good thing she wasn't hungry!)

Matt was in line to get some eggs. He got his plate, set it down, and gets ready to open the cover to select his "delectable" cheese omelet.

From behind him a THIRD arm shoots out and opens the egg cover...this man decided Matt was too slow and by golly HE was going first. Matt simply said "Okay..." The man mumbled an apology then hovered in Matt's "blind spot" until Matt could select his breakfast.

What made this so weird, is that there was another warming dish FULL of eggs and sausage right next to him....with no one in that line! I guess he REALLY wanted the eggs Matt was having...Matt does have good taste...so who could blame him! ;)

And then you have the people who stand RIGHT BEHIND your chair and have a conversation with some stranger...now the conversation isn't wrong...but I am always afraid I'll get something dripped on me...(or spit on me.) But you can't turn around and say anything...that would be RUDE.

It's interesting...but I must confess...I sure do love me a good hotel breakfast...and I'm also sure that one day, I'll be one of THOSE people someone else is blogging about :)

1 comment:

Kate said...

This totally made me laugh Jeanne! HAHA!