Have you ever been traveling and been delayed?
You're ready to get on a flight and you wait and wait and wait.... FINALLY at departure time, the flight attendant announces that you will be delayed. They don't really give a reason, but you are assured that you WILL get to your destination, but you'll be delayed for a bit.
Eventually the flight attendant announces boarding. A cheer from the crowd goes up. You're excited...pretty soon you'll reach your destination and it will be what you've expected.
You get on board, your luggage is stored in the overhead compartment, you have your snacks, MP3 player, reading material and computer all tucked under the seat in front of you. You're ready to go!
The door closes...this is it. You're on your way!
Then the pilot announces ANOTHER delay. **SIGH** But that's alright...you have stuff to keep you occupied. It can't be THAT long of a wait.
You wait.
And wait.
And wait...
Hmm...what about a drink cart? Will you get a refreshment while you wait? Maybe a bag of peanuts.
The joyous moment comes...you taxi to the runway. THIS is it!!! You're on your way! They wouldn't pull away from the gate unless you REALLY get to go!
And then it happens again.
The pilot's voice. You're ready for travel alright...BUT...there's a hold up on the runway. And there is no way of telling when it will be cleared.
At least you have your favorite traveling companion with you.
And at least the middle seat is empty and not occupied by a large person who has overactive sweat glands...
So you wait some more.
You don't want to get off, but you start wondering if taking a different route would be better...and maybe you will on the way back...but for now...
You're still delayed.
That's what life is like now....
December 25, 2017
6 years ago
4 comments:
I know what you mean...all too well! I wish that plane would just take off so you could enjoy the destination!
Ah I love ya Jeanne. That was great. :)
I think I am on that flight too. But I am flying solo and am sandwiched in between 2 overactive sweatgland guys and unfortunately I dont have any room in my seat to share. EEK!
But maybe I just have a bad attitude about flying in general right now. Thanks for the laugh I needed it more than you can imagine today.
you're flight will take off before you know it.
Post a Comment