Saturday, January 15, 2011

Utah...

In December Matt and I decided to take a trip to Utah.  We were originally going to go December 16, to surprise my sister Sarah for her birthday.  Then we found out that our nephew Jake was going to be baptized on December 4th, and since tickets were the same price, we went earlier!

We were able to surprise everyone with our trip.  Amelia had the best reaction though.


At Jake's baptism.  Grandma & Grandpa Anderson were able to be there and they brought a surprise of their own.  Hunter was able to come for the trip too!  The kids all had fun with their cousin.



Jack is as adorable as ever!  It didn't take him long to warm up to Uncle Matt & Aunt Jeanne.  Part of the fascination was with my blue finger nails.  He LOVED looking at them!

(L to R:  Lisa Freedland (Meyer), Shannon Roberts (Anderson), Taryn Kartchner (Nielsen), Heidi Cooper (Jameson), and I.)

While we were there I had a chance to meet up with some sisters from my mission and have dinner with them.  It was SO fantastic!  We were able to catch up and had such a good time visiting.  We ended up staying an hour after the restaurant closed and finally left when they were about done cleaning.  It was nice to reminisce about the mission and to see these wonderful women again.  They are awesome!


I also got to see my friends Melanie & Kate.  We had a delicious brunch at Mel's.  She made the MOST YUMMY quiches.  They were seriously fantastic.  And we talked as fast and as furious as we could.  Before we knew it, 2 hours had past and Matt and I had to run.  :(

Our trip was so short, but wonderful  I didn't get to see all of the friends that I wanted to, but was so thankful for the fun we had!

Oh, and the trip home was a BIG FAT fail.

But that's another story...

1 comment:

Kate said...

Oh I love you!! So glad you made time for us while you were here. xoxo