Thursday, November 17, 2011

Anxiously waiting...

I went to the hospital on Monday with some high blood pressure readings (167/104) and they monitored me for a while, and then sent me home, with the instructions if I had certain symptoms to come back.  

On Tuesday I had a headache pretty much all day, and after trying all the things to get rid of it (eating, a nap, tylenol) and not having it go away, I called my doctor and she had me come up to the hospital again.

I had the usual blood draw, and checks for pre-eclampsia.  They all came back normal, but this headache was the anomaly.  Dr. L kept me over night to monitor me.  She kept me on Wednesday too.  The headache never went away, and my blood pressure was creeping up.

Today, Baby Girl was not liking being monitored, and the headache was still in full force.  After much discussion between my 2 doctors, they decided to go ahead and induce me tonight.

We'll keep you all posted when Baby Girl Towns makes her appearance, meanwhile, don't worry if we don't answer the phone!

2 comments:

Afton said...

Wow! What exciting news. Praying all goes well for mom and baby and I'll pray for Matt too, just cause he seems like a great guy.

Genevieve said...

I'll keep you and your family in my prayers. So exciting!!!!