Friday, July 1, 2011

Cerclage

On June 22nd I went in to have the cerclage performed.  I was a bit nervous...not about the surgery, but about having a spinal anesthetic.  When I had my epidural with Ande, it was not a fun experience, and I was not looking forward to having another one.  


They had been monitoring my blood pressure, and it had been great.  As I was being prepped for the spinal, my blood pressure went from being around 114/73 to about 164/95.  It's so interesting to see how your body responds to stress!


Dr. Litherland did a fantastic job with the surgery.  I am so glad that she's my doctor again! 


I have to say that I HATED the spinal.  I didn't like not being able to move my legs. It took about 3 1/2 hours for it to wear off, and I kept telling Mom how much it bugged me. 


Later that day I was a little sore, but that's totally to be expected.  


Now it's eight days later and everything looks perfect.  I had a check-up today and my doctor is very pleased with how things are going.  The baby looks great, and is growing well.  


For now I'm not on bedrest, so I can do pretty much what I want.  There are days where I can tell I've been doing too much, so those are the days that I take a nap (or two!) and rest.  The only thing that I think I'll miss this summer is no swimming.  


But it's all completely worth it!


Dr. Litherland said that she'll remove my stitches when I am 36 weeks along.  (Only 20 weeks from today!)  After that, this baby can come anytime!

6 comments:

Are You Serious! said...

I'm glad everything went well! I was watching the video you and Charie took of the twins when they were born you guys were hillarious! :)

Lisa M said...

Great news! I'm so excited for both of you!!!

Tiffany said...

Wow wow wow wow wow! So amazing! So happy for you! And who says there are no miracles!

Nurse Heidi said...

Jeanne, I am SO stinkin' excited for you! I love taking photos of rainbow babies, so bring this little one out to see me :).

Janessa @ Treasure Hunting Mommy said...

I wish I was as happy with Dr Litherland as you are... :( But I'm so glad things are going well! Yay!!!

Michelle C said...

I'm SOOO glad you were able to get your cerclage!! But ouchie!! I didn't realize you couldn't swim with the cerclage! You are such the trooper!! <3