On April 5th, we got a big fat stinkin' surprise.
HUGE.
It surprised me, it surprised Matt. I'm still a little shocked when I think about it.
You see...I found out I was pregnant. Without any fertility treatments.
Let me say again...WITHOUT ANY FERTILITY TREATMENTS.
This was NOT something we expected at all. Hoped for, prayed for, longed for, heck, even cried for. But I also thought it was so far out of our reach, it was almost useless to expect it.
Without going into too much detail why, I took 2 pregnancy tests on Monday. I thought they were both negative, Matt thought he saw a REALLY faint line. I kind of ignored it because why would there be a line when I *KNEW* they were going to be negative!
On Tuesday Crystal came over to cut my hair, and I was telling her about the tests. Well, she made me go test again in the middle of my hair cut! She stopped with only one side of my hair done. The stinker.
Well, I tested and there was a faint line. Even I saw it.
One of the blessings of working with a fertility doctor is that they will get you in for a blood test right away. As soon as Crystal finished my cut, Matt and I hopped in the car and we were off to Dr. Stein's office. I seriously cannot say enough good things about him and his office. They are AMAZING there. And even better, they get blood test results to you the SAME DAY. A BIG deal!
The blood test was positive, and the nail biting began.
We swore Crystal to secrecy, telling her that she could tell NO ONE until we had had follow-up, confirming blood tests.
3 comments:
SOOOOOO FLIPPING EXCITED FOR YOU TWO!!!!
:)R CONGRATS!!!!!!
How AWESOME!!! So fabulous!!!
Oh Jeanne, that is the best news ever. I got teary reading your post. And no fertility treatments, that is a miracle!!
Post a Comment