Friday, July 1, 2011

A little more real...



I went in for another blood test and my numbers were doing great.  I still wanted to wait for one more blood draw before we (okay I, because I can't keep my mouth shut) told family.


Matt and I talked about it and decided that until we had the cerclage, we weren't going to make it "public" knowledge that we were expecting.  After having Ande early, and 2 early miscarriages, we knew things were not sure.  If something happened, for every person we told, we'd have to "un-tell" and that is SO hard to do!


I asked Matt for a blessing to help me with my nerves.  I was SO anxious and nervous that SOMETHING would go wrong.  In the blessing I was told that I wouldn't know the outcome of this pregnancy, but I needed to exercise faith and patience.   As I would get nervous, or freaked out, I would remind myself that "Faith and fear CANNOT co-exist" and I needed to have faith.  Heavenly Father is in control, not me.  I knew, no matter what happened, all would be well.


On Monday the  11th, my blood test came back even better, so we decided to tell some immediate family.  I called my siblings and told them.  They were all excited and so supportive and wonderful.  We waited to tell my parents until the next day, when we could do it in person.  I always love making my mom cry for good reasons.


It was (and is!) so humbling to know how many people have been praying for us and asking for blessings for us and our baby.


The next step to wait for was the ultrasound to find out how pregnant I really was and to see the heartbeat.  It was hard not to worry about something being wrong, but I just had to keep reminding myself to just have faith.

2 comments:

Are You Serious! said...

Emma asks about you all the time! I can't wait to tell her! :)

Michelle C said...

So true that faith and fear cannot coexist. I can really learn from that. Thank you!!