Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Alaska...(Part 1)

In July Matt and I got the opportunity to go to Alaska for my Grandma Edna's 85th surprise birthday party. It was SO much fun to go back and see all of my friends and family that are still there. This (and the next few posts) will mostly be picture posts of some of the fun we had.

On the first day we were there, we took the time to attend the Anchorage LDS temple. This has been a dream of mine, ever since it was announced (in October 1997). Matt helped this (and so many others) dream come true.









This bear is in the Anchorage Airport as you go down to baggage claim. It always scared the snot out of me, and so I had to include a picture of it here! ;) It's not AS scary now that I'm a grown-up, but as a kid, I was SURE it would bust out of the glass and eat me!












Our nephew Jacob (5) helping to cut eggs for the potato salad for Grandma Edna's party. Jake loves to help, especially if there are knives involved! He did a great job, and didn't cut himself at all! (He was VERY proud to point THAT out!)








Only in Homer. Seriously folks. You can only see something like this in Homer Alaska. This was the local Belly-dancing group performing in the Fourth of July Homer City parade. I don't know if there is much else I can say about this...


Except stay tuned for part 2!!!

3 comments:

Rachel Berry said...

My Eyes! MY Eyes! Jeanne you should warn people before you post something like this. Dang belly dancers.

Glad your feeling better and had a great trip up north! Enjoy all your fresh fruits. We just went and picked huckleberrys. SOOOOOO TASTYYYYY...

R.

Are You Serious! said...

♥ Seriously is a boob falling OUT!!! I guess they call it Homer for a reason! :)

Bethany said...

I miss Alaska! I had forgotten all about the polar bear in the airport!