Friday, August 22, 2008

Mommy thoughts....

After all of my hopes for so many years, it is *almost* hard to believe that I'm going to be a mom...me...a mom. I am so humbled already. Matt and I will be responsible for teaching this little child all about who they *really, truly* are. We are responsible to teach this (and future) little ones about our Heavenly Father and His plan for all of us. It makes me want to just absorb everything I can from every good source I can find about being a righteous mother...to be "a Mother who knows".

I look to the examples I have in my life. I have an amazing Mother. She knows. She knows who she is, and has done her best to raise my siblings and I the way our Heavenly Father would have us be. But you see, I can't talk about my amazing Mother, without talking about my wonderful Father. They have and continue to work together. Because they worked together, it is so hard to honor one without the other.

The lessons my parents have taught me are so many...work, following the Savior, service, charity, love, cooperation, honor, valiance...there isn't enough room to list everything!!

I look to my sisters, brother, and their families. I have had the unique blessing to help "mother" my nieces and nephews. My siblings have been kind enough to share their children...their most prized possession...with me. As I have seen the choices and decisions that they have made for their families, and I have gleaned many ideas for my own family.

My amazing husband has been given a strong foundation on which he has built his life. I see that he has been taught so many of the same things that I have. I will be eternally grateful for those who taught him these values. I look forward to blending our two family experiences to help shape our family.

This is new and kind of scary, but I look forward to adding the title of "Mother" to my name.

2 comments:

Nana Scott XOXO said...

This is beautiful! You and Matt are going to be great parents. What a special child you're getting ready to bring up!
Love ya,
Kelly.

Lisa M said...

You will be an amazing Mom.