Alaska Moose...we were driving out on the Spit one day in Homer, and this moose was grazing. We call it "Moose by Seashore".
Around Homer there are a lot of Russian villages. My dad has done a lot of survey work in these different villages. This is a picture of the church in Nikolaevsk, AK. The church is just beautiful, and the photo doesn't do it justice. The village's roots date back to the early 1900's when Old Believers sought a place to worship openly in the ways of the Old Rite Russian Orthodox (Staro-Obrachestvo). They journeyed first to China, then South America, Oregon and Alaska. Thanks Dad for taking us there!
The end of August, Matt and I decided to do an impromptu road trip. We took off for Bartlesville, OK, where Matt had spend most of his elementary years. We went to Woolaroc, a place Matt had been many times with his family as a small boy. Woolaroc is the former ranch home of Phillips 66 oil tycoon, Frank Phillips. There are a lot of different animals there and it was a neat place to visit. The buffalo seen here has a vacuum inside of it so he can "eat" your trash. Matt freaked me out when he had me put my styrofoam cup to the buffalo's mouth and WHOOSH there it went!
"Everybody's got a water buffalo"... (Points to you if you know where the song comes from...) These water buffalo were just hanging out in the river relaxing from the heat. I don't think that I'd ever seen a water buffalo, and after knowing the song, I couldn't resist a picture.
3 comments:
Yours is fast and mine is slow Oh where'd your get them i don't know, oh everybodys got a water buffaloooooooooooooooooooo................................ Great pictures. Looks like lots of fun! you kids and your freedom to travel, you just wait. :) Actually it only get bad when you have muliple children. :)
Your friend Rachel posted the rest of the words to the song before I could! That was what I was going to type! Can you finish this song though......Barabra Manatee, you are the one for me .....?
Love your pics. It looks so beautiful in Homer. The stuffed buffalo eating my cup would've freaked me out too!!!
♥ Looks like fun! I love the view from your grandparents!!! :)
Post a Comment