...to ME!!
Sunday was my 33rd birthday. On Friday afternoon, Matt came home from work and surprised me with a cake and a dozen roses.
The cake was chocolate on the bottom layer, then a raspberry mousse filling, then a layer of white cake. All covered with a delicious butter cream frosting...DELISH!!! :)
If you look close, you will notice that the word "Birthday" is spelled wrong. My lovely friend Rachel told us about a blog that has professionally decorated cakes gone WRONG. Matt had the decorators spell it wrong on purpose so we could have a chuckle over it.
(The website is www.cakewrecks.blogspot.com if you wanted to visit there for a great laugh.)
I have always LOVED flowers. My sweetheart is very thoughtful and brings them to me often. But this is the first time he's gotten me a dozen. I love the bright cheery color, and they make our house look so much better!
On Saturday, we headed up to the temple in St. Louis. We went with our friends, Marc & Leilani & their children. It was a fantastic day, and we used that as part of our celebration.I had a great birthday, and thank you to all who wrote me little notes!!
8 comments:
Your cake rocks! Glad you had such a great birthday. Now on to 34! Crap I'm almost there....
Awww! Happy belated birthday, Jeanne! I miss ya!
♥ Sounds like a great birthday! I didn't even notice the misspelled word! Love the flowers!!! :)
Happy Brithday to you! Happy Brithday to you! Happy Brithday dear Anderson! Happy Brithday to you! (I did spell check off your cake!) I love that web site - hilarious!!!
Happy Birthday! My birthday wish for you is that you get 33 spankings!
Happy Birthday Jeanne! What a sweet hubby!
Lisa
Happy Belated Birthday!!
Happy Belated Birthday!!
Post a Comment