Monday, September 1, 2008

Family Update...

Thanks to the great advice, I think I'm going to stick with maternity pants, but regular shirts. So what if they are a bit tight and show off the baby. I've waited long enough to be pregnant, I want to show it off!!!

And I will put up a picture soon...I just have to take one I like. I just got my hair cut again (Thanks Crystal!) and I'm starting to feel a bit better about myself. The day my sister cut my hair, I was almost crying because I felt like it looked like I was just getting fatter, not looking pregnant. Crystal told me that I didn't look like I was getting fatter, but to go buy maternity pants...it would help me feel better. And it did!

I'm now a bit over 14 weeks. I have a doctor's appointment on Wednesday, so hopefully we'll get to at least hear the heartbeat again. Matt is super anxious for our ultrasound...Ok I am too. Much to my father's dismay, we want to find out the baby's gender as soon as we can. It will be a surprise whenever we find out, and we want to know what "flavor" our baby is as soon as possible! Now let's just hope that the baby cooperates and will let us know when we try to peek!

Matt and I both have been fighting being sick this last week. It started out with a cold/sinus thing, and I came down with it first. Matt got rid of that fairly easily, but it's been hanging on for me. We both then got a stomach thing. I ditched my stomach junk early, but poor Matt is still fighting the bug. He's been sleeping a lot today, and I hope when he wakes up he'll feel better.

I have always said that because of the way my body is built, when I got pregnant, there would be nowhere for the baby to go but OUT. It will be interesting that as this pregnancy progresses, to see what my shape ends up being!

2 comments:

Rachel Berry said...

I hope Matt feels better soon. I can do a cold any day but the stomach stuff, yeah not so much. And being preggers and sick stinks because there's really not a whole lot you can do about it but wait it out.
I'll send you that link for the bands I told you about on the phone.

:)Rachel

Are You Serious! said...

♥ Definately not fun being sick while prego! Can't wait for pictures and to know what baby Towns is going to be! :)