Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Update...

Not much is going on here...

Matt is doing pretty darn great. He's recovered from his surgery. He still gets pretty tired, but doesn't hurt too much at the end of the day. He's been working hard for our family, and spoils me shamelessly. (Not that I'm complaining!!)

I ended up going to Urgent Care yesterday for my "cold". As I thought, it was indeed bronchitis. I'd been coughing and having a hard time breathing, even with my inhaler. So the doctor put me on a high powered cough medicine (THANK GOODNESS) and prednisone to help relax my airways, so I can breathe. It's only been a day, and it has been helping.

I've been working on getting some food made in advance and in the freezer. It was worth the work and makes it easy to put together a meal when we've been out for the day. It's nice to be able to grab a breakfast burrito from the freezer in the morning, or have chicken all cooked for tacos.

It's been almost a year since we got engaged, and it has been a fantastic year. Life together just gets better and better.

4 comments:

Are You Serious! said...

♥ Joe just went into Urgent Care today and has the same thing, Bronchitis and a severe sinus infection. That's a great idea preparing food for the easy grab. Less expensive and better for you than grabbing somethign on the run! I'm glad Matt is doing so much better! I hope you feel even better soon! :)

Brittney said...

And it just keeps getting better :) before you know it you'll almost have been married 3 years!

Cindi said...

The whole food-prep sounds like such a great idea! I should try that!

Hope you get better quickly!

Afton said...

I have a cookbook called "Don't Panic, Dinner's in the Freezer." It's available on Amazon. It has recipes for main and side dishes and even desserts that freeze well. It also has ingredient expansions so you can easily see how to make the recipe one time, 3 times, 6 times, etc. Sometimes it is just as much work to make something three times as it is to make it once.