Saturday, December 13, 2008

Home Sweet Home...

Matt was released from the hospital Friday afternoon. We were ready to be out of there Thursday, but had to wait for the surgeon to come back and give the ok.

As long as we stay on top of the pain medication, Matt feels pretty good. He's been up at his desk a bit today, and has been awake most of the day. He's even talking about maybe attending church tomorrow (just for the first hour) but we'll see about that.

The next project is to put our house back in order. The dishes are caught up, and thanks to Crystal, so is the laundry. I moved some stuff around when Matt thought he wanted to be on the couch to recover, and now I want to rearrange the living room. I don't know how yet, and I think that my sister Mary is going to come over and help me. Mary has a great eye for that kind of thing! Maybe I'll post pictures when I'm done...


I get to go with Matt to work this next week and be his "legal assistant" so he doesn't have to move around as much. We hope that with working mostly mornings, and my help, he won't get too worn out and he can get everything done. We're really blessed that my boss (thanks big bro!) is so flexible and ok with me working "off" hours to get things done so that I am able to help Matt with his work.

Thankfully the week after this one is Christmas week and the courts will be kind of slow...we hope that will also be the case for the week between Christmas and New Year's Day so he will be all healed and ready to roll for '09!

5 comments:

Rachel Berry said...

Glad your home, and he's on the mend... I would stay home from church if it was me... Tell him I think he's crazy! ;)

Sorry I didn't get back to you, it was a crazy evening.

:)Rachel

Janessa @ Treasure Hunting Mommy said...

I'm glad you are home! Whenever you feel like doing lunch... I'm totally game!!! Can't wait. You just name the time and place. Love you Jeanne. LOL- I think it's so cool that you know what a french dip from hansel's taste like!

Are You Serious! said...

♥ I'm glad you guys are home! There's nothing like being back in your own enviornment!!! You'll definately have to post about the room change! Before and after pix! :)

Jess said...

You guys are so perfect for each other. I was going to say how lucky Matt is to have such an awesome wife but really you are lucky to have a great husband too. So glad you guys can help each other through all of this.

Janessa @ Treasure Hunting Mommy said...

Jeanne- I need your address asap, I want to bring treats to you tonight!