Matt is home and recovering well. He has been able to go back to work, and as long as he stays on top of pain killers, he does pretty well.
I know I'm behind, but better late than never!
The weekend before Thanksgiving, we went to Cole Camp and had a Thanksgiving dinner at a local church with the Towns family. Grandpa insisted everyone go, so we went. The dinner was...interesting. We did enjoy visiting with family and had a good time hearing old stories. Grandma Nadine's brother came with his wife and daughter, and it was fun to listen to them all talk.
On Thanksgiving day, we headed out to "the Farm" for dinner with the Anderson family. Our friends Marc & Leilani & their children were able to join us, and a great time was had by all. Their daughter Charly loves to go out to the farm and see all of the animals. She kept trying to convince us to go out to "Grandma Sally's" early and was so excited Thanksgiving day.
The thing she was most excited about was being able to feed the calves. My parents bought two little bull calves to raise for meat. They don't need two, so Matt and I bought one of them. I'm feeding Meatball, and Leilani and Charly are feeding Meatloaf. The novelty quickly wore off and Charly went to check the eggs and feed the chickens.
After dinner, we spent some time singing at the piano. It was a very nice way to round out the day. Kavika had a full belly, and with the singing, he did what most of us wanted to!
We had a wonderful Thanksgiving and as we ended the day, we were counting our blessings. It is amazing that when we start to count them, even more come to mind. Our Heavenly Father has blessed us in many ways, and even during the difficulties and struggles we have experienced this year there have been numerous blessings...and I'm sure there are many more we haven't even realized yet.
4 comments:
I seriously laughed OUT loud when I read about Meatball and Meatloaf. That's so funny! I can also totally tell that Leilani is singing in the picture of her holding a sleeping Kavika! ;)
Thank you for the updates. It is good to know things are going well. I appreciated your optimism too. You are both wonderful examples to me.
♥ SERIOUSLY the names of your cows are cracking me UP!!!! Meatloaf and Meatball! You guys are hilarious!!! I'm glad you guys had a great THanksgiving! :)
meatball and meatloaf.... little morbid don't you think? but then we don't expect anything less from the anderson family. love you guys.
Post a Comment