Monday, December 8, 2008

You have to be kidding...

Sunday evening, about 6:30 Matt started to have a pain in his stomach. He's had pains before, but they usually go away or the pain isn't that bad. Our friend Marc came over about 9 and gave him a blessing because he was really hurting.

We both thought that Matt had the flu. There's been a nasty bug going around, and I had gotten it. After the blessing, Matt started to feel better. However, around 11:30, the pain was back with a vengeance.

So off to the ER we went.

Turns out Matt had an obstruction in his small intestine, and had to have emergency surgery this morning.

Some of the food he was trying to digest after dinner got hung up on some scar tissue and twisted his intestine around.

OOOF DAH!

He's out of surgery and resting fairly comfortably...well as comfortable as you can having been split from stem to stern.

I'm blessed that I can stay here with him, and we have fantastic family and friends who are willing to help when needed.

It looks like we'll be here for 4-5 days and then recovering at home for a bit after that.

If there's any new news, we'll be sure to post it, meanwhile, we're both going to rest. I think I got about 3 hours of sleep since Saturday night, and all but about 20 minutes of that was on the floor.

6 comments:

Jess said...

You have to be kidding is right!! Jeanne my friend, when it rains it pours. I am so glad that the surgery went well and that he is now recovering. I love that you are still acknowledging the blessings in the midst of everything. "It's not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain." Keep dancing ;)

Rachel Berry said...

Oh NO!!! I'm glad the surgery went well... Poor guy... Man, I think it's time for things to be smooth sailing for you 2 for a while.. We will keep Matt in our prayers for a speedy recovery! And try and get some sleep girl just don't do it on the floor!

:)Rachel

Are You Serious! said...

♥ Dang tired!!!! I hope you both get some much need sleep and plenty of it!!! Take care! I ALMOST came almost!!! But there is supposed to be a storm coming in on Thursday and Joe works Wed night so I can't avoid it. Looks like I'll be missing the funeral and YOU!

Lisa M said...

I am so sorry to hear the news. Hopefully that is the end of it and things will get better from here. Your family is in our prayers.

Cindi said...

Holy Moly! Maybe you guys are being prepared for some amazing, outstanding blessings! :D I hope you get some sleep, Jeanne and I hope Matt recovers quickly... with as little pain as possible!

Jennifer said...

Wow! We are so sorry to hear that. I guess we'll have to wait a while for a visit. We pray that Matt will have a quick recovery and Jeanne, that you will get some sleep. Take care. Love to you both,

The VanHoose's