Sunday, October 19, 2008

Abide With Me...

One of my favorite hymns has been "Abide With Me; 'Tis Eventide".

I love the comfort this song brings. I see it as a pleading with the Savior to stay with us.

However, today I saw a different perspective.

The Savior will be with us continually as we are worthy. (Doctrine & Covenants 63:9 "And behold, and lo, I am with the faithful always. Even so. Amen.")

So while we can plead for the Savior to stay with us, what we need to do is for US to stay with the Savior.

He will continually be there, but we have to make sure we stay with Him.

6 comments:

Heather said...

What a good point Jeanne - you're right.

Jess said...

I love "ah-ha" moments don't you. Those moments of enlightenment are so precious. Thank you for sharing one of yours.

Lacey said...

That is so true, Jeanne.

Tiffany said...

Amen- Along those same lines, I was going through a particularly hard time a few years ago and was questioning a lot of things. My dad simply said that the Lord's chosen people were not those whom the Lord choses but those who choose the Lord. That has always stuck with me and helped me in times of trial.

Nana Scott XOXO said...

I love that song too.

Are You Serious! said...

Love that song too. It has such a soothing melody!