Friday, October 10, 2008

I'm leavin' on a jet plane....

Ok, not a plane, just our car... The doctor just came in, and as soon as I finish the last bag of antibiotics that is now running through my IV, then I get to leave...HURRAH!!!!!

She said that right now shes' not so worried about the risk of infection. I've pretty much stopped leaking amniotic fluid. Her main concern now is that I don't dilate any more. My cervix has started to thin out too (20%effaced), so the biggest thing I need to do right now is to STAY DOWN.

One of my favorite scriptures is "Be still and know that I am God." As a very wise friend of mine pointed out, "Well for you my dear, our Father in Heaven meant it literally!!!!" Now is the time for me to be still and allow my little girl to stay in the very best place for her.

We're feeling SO optimistic! Matt is out right now renting a few things from a medical supply store for us, and I'm making a list of things we'll need for the next little bit.

The things I'm looking forward to are, getting the IV out, and sleeping in my own bed...next to my sweetie.

Both Matt and I are so appreciative of all the thoughts and prayers and love that you all are sending us and our little Ande.

Heavenly Father is on our side, and with Him nothing is impossible. We will get through this, and all will be as it is supposed to be!

6 comments:

Janessa @ Treasure Hunting Mommy said...

Awesome news! I'm so happy things a looking better. Can I please cook you guys dinner??? Let me know! Also I have my couponing stash if you need stuff but can't go to the store ok?!

Lisa M said...

Such good news!

Jasmine said...

What's this? I move and you decide to up and have a baby early? FINE--I'LL COME BACK!!!!! :) I can't believe I'm missing this...I wish I could come over and spend some afternoons with you...maybe I'll make a trip while the kiddos are in school...:) Please let me know if there's anything I can do. We'll definitely be praying for you guys.
Miss you...

Are You Serious! said...

♥ I'm so glad that the risk for infection has decreased! Such great news!!! So how many books do you need? I'm thinking 1 ever 2 hours and if your awake for 12 hours you'll need 42 books a week??? Just kidding. I'm just jealous that you read so fast! Take care! :)

The Randall Family said...

Oh good news! That is wonderful! Hang in there and just rest, rest, rest!
: )

Heather said...

Your faith is such an example Jeanne - I've told you that so often. So,
'be still' and, hopefully, the days will just zoom by!