I'm feeling better today...I had some feelings/thoughts come out that I was kind of aware that they were there, but hadn't put a voice to them.
Last Friday night Matt and I had gone to the temple in St. Louis, and then were were headed over to Kansas City to just have a weekend away. We were planning on staying over in Columbia, but it turned out there was a Mizzou football game that night...nary a hotel room to be found!! We ended up driving until about 2:30 Saturday morning.
We were SO tired that I put on some loud music to help keep us awake. I cranked up the "My Turn on Earth" CD. It's kind of cheesy music, but as we were listening to it, I realized the truth that is contained in those songs.
Well, we hadn't changed the CD since then, and on Tuesday I was listening to it as I drove to work. There is a song on there called "Forever". As it played, I really listened to the words...and they are part of what helped me feel better.
The opening line is "Some dreams must wait, life isn't long enough." The message of the song is that mortal life is short, and no matter how long it is, there will always be things that we don't accomplish...but...we have been given an eternity to work on things we want. Eternity is a gift given to us by our Heavenly Father.
So while we don't have our little Ande to hold for now, we'll have her for eternity...and I'll get to cradle her, put pig-tails in her hair, read to her, hear her daddy sing to her... she'll be able to get a Father's blessing and go on daddy-daughter dates...for right now our dreams must wait...but they just have to wait, they're not gone forever.
December 25, 2017
6 years ago
8 comments:
Jeanne, I'm so glad to hear that you're doing better. Forever is a wonderful thing. :)
I am happy to hear you sounding more up beat. I've been concerned. I know that Heavenly Father is surrounding you with his arms of comfort. We love you both.
Jennifer
♥ I've never heard that song. I think I'm going to go google it! :)
What a beautiful song!!
That's wonderful Jeanne. And hey maybe our kids are hitting it off up there and might someday be married! Matthew and Ande ;)
Jeanne, I'm really glad that you're feeling a little bit better. Your faith is so strong and amazing - it will get you through! I'm thinking about you and wishing you comfort. Lots of love - Marta
Oh I'm so glad your feeling a little better. :) Forever is an awesome thing so glad we have it! I've been thinking of ya lately. I need to just give you a call.
:)Rachel
Post a Comment