Friday, October 17, 2008

Yesterday

The hardest part (I think) is when we picked Ande up from the funeral home and we had to put her in her box and close the lid.

It was nice to hold Ande for a few minutes again, and to see her daddy hold her. We both told her that we loved her, and kissed her goodbye.

In her box, there was a little gift from her Aunt Coco...a comb and some hair pretties (Crystal aka Coco is a hairdresser) and the paci's that were the first things Matt and I bought for her after we knew we were expecting. It was a 2 pack, and one had English writing on it, the other Chinese and they both said "Love". Love was the first Chinese word Matt taught me.

Ande was wrapped in a small flannel blankie that her Grandma made for her, and then in the blanket the hospital gave us. I had an afghan I had been working on. It wasn't finished, but it was perfect for Ande. So I tucked her in with a blanket made by her momma.

The service went well. Matt did a beautiful job of dedicating Ande's spot. My brother and cousin came up to us and asked if it was ok if they filled in Ande's grave. It was the last thing that they could do for her. I didn't want to leave the cemetery with Ande's grave still open, so that was perfect. My brother told me that it was the last thing he could do for his niece to make her safe and secure.

There is a sense of closure to this part of Ande's life. We know that she will be with us us again, and that we will be able to raise her. We know that there has been a distinct purpose to her life, and as short as it was, Ande has had an effect that we are learning is immeasurable. We will forever miss her...and I'm sure that there will be tears for quite a while.

We cannot tell you all how much your love and support has meant to us. Thank you.

10 comments:

Rachel Berry said...

Oh Jeanne....... I love that Matt dedicated her spot and your brother and cousin well that's just awesome what they wanted to do. I wish I could be there to give you a hug.

It's amazing the comfort that the gospel provides for us as members. To KNOW that we will be together as families again is such an amazing thing. And that we will get the chance to raise these babies that Heavenly Father had other plans for. We have 4 waiting for us, it's just an amazing thing.

Hope to talk to you soon.

:)Rachel

Alexa said...

jeanne- I found your blog through Rachel- and I have to tell you that your strength AMAZES me... you are such a beautiful person. Life is always so trivial, but I love and appreciate the hope you've given to all your readers. Thank you so much for sharing your story. I continue to pray and send so many 1000's of hopeful thoughts your way.
~alexa

Jess said...

Beautiful baby Ande is being snuggled by her loving Heavenly Father. For such a difficult experience you guys are dealing with it in such a strong spiritual way. Ande's life and your example are testifying of eternal families. Thank you.

Lisa M said...

Thank you for sharing these times. You are such a strength. I know Ande will always be watching over you both.

Janessa @ Treasure Hunting Mommy said...

Wow Jeanne. Thank you for sharing that. I think about your family constantly and hope that you are doing ok. When your ready to get out and have lunch or go shopping or just have me over to visit, please let me know! Love you. Janessa

Tiffany said...

Thank you for sharing your trials. Reading your posts of your experience has helped me a lot with some things that I am dealing with right now. So really Ande has touched my life and I will forever be thankful for that.

Jennifer said...

Dear Matt and Jeanne,

Thank you for this post. I have been praying for you both and that Thursday would bring you some peace and closure. It sounds like it was a very spiritual experience. From all of the comments to your resent blogs, it is obvious how much Ande has affected so many of us. I admire you both and your strength and faith. Please let us know if there is anything we can do.

We love you both.

Jennifer

Lynnette said...

I'm so glad for the plan of happiness, and the knowledge that we have eternal families. Ande is so lucky to be able to be raised by you & Matt one day! I admire your strength. Love ya all 3 of you!

Marie B. said...

Jeanne, I am so sorry for your loss. I really admire your courage and your husband's. I have been thinking of you and hope that you are truly comforted.
~Marie

Celeste Pacatte-Hoffman said...

Jeanne, having an eternal family is the greatest blessing in the world. You're blessed to have such great family and friends during this time, and I pray you will be able to cherish your memories of Ande and share those with your future children. I admire yours and Matt's courage and strength. God bless you both in the days ahead.