Saturday, October 11, 2008

Back in the Hospital.

We were home for about 3 hours when my water actually broke. Matt and I rushed back to the hospital, where I was admitted again...and again got a stinking IV!

Right now, baby Ande is still tucked away inside. However, there isn't very much amniotic fluid. Without the fluid, she can't move as easy, and her lungs won't be developing as well, because she needs to practice "breathing" the amniotic fluid to stretch her lungs. Amniotic fluid can be replaced, but not at the rate that it is now being lost. So she will have some fluid.

HOWEVER...when the Doctor came in this morning and talked to us, she let us know that we aren't really in a different position than we were before. Each day we can keep Miss Ande inside is better. She still is getting all of the oxygen and nutrients that she needs from the placenta and through the umbilical cord.

The only way we will induce labor is if a) I get an infection or b) Baby Ande goes back to her Heavenly Father before she is delivered.

I've only had one contraction so far...and that was after I had taken a shower and been up for a bit.

As hard as this is, Matt and I still feel a peace that is undeniably from our Heavenly Father. There have been quite a few tears, and I'm sure that there will be more, but we are still confident that all is in our Heavenly Father's hands.

We haven't given up, and neither has little Ande...If she's supposed to be with us, we just need a little bigger miracle now.

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

Jeanne - thanks for the update. I don't have any words other than I just love ya. Prayers on the way ♥

Are You Serious! said...

♥ I'm still sending prayers your way! You have such incredible faith! Love ya!